With the fourth of July holiday behind us, we are definitely in the thick of barbecue season. Although if you ask me, I believe that the season for barbecue lasts all year. If you have a craving for barbecue, but don't feel like firing up the grill (or if you don't have a grill to fire up), here is a super easy recipe that will leave you very satisfied.
OVEN BROILED BARBECUED RIBS
4 lbs pork spare ribs
1/2 medium sized onion, sliced
1 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
1) Fill a large pot about 1/3 full with water. Bring the water to a boil.
2) Cut the spare ribs into portions of 2 to 3 ribs. Place rib portions in the pot along with the onion slices.
3) Cover the pot and reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 1 hour.
4) Adjust your oven rack so that it is about 4-5 inches from your broiler). Preheat broiler.
5) Place the ribs in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet. Brush the tops of the ribs with 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce. Broil for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and brush the tops of the ribs with another 1/4 of barbecue sauce. Broil for 5 minutes.
6) Remove from oven. Turn the ribs over and brush with additional 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce. Broil for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and brush the tops with the remaining 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce.
Makes 4 servings.