My friend Robin in DC recently sent me this little gem. I've known Robin for several years via work. Her organization and mine are part of the same national network. So, we were always assured of speaking with each other on monthly conference calls, and we got to see each other at least 2 or 3 times a year on the conference circuit. Alas, Robin is moving on to new career opportunities, but I am sure that she and I will stay in touch.
I was so excited when Robin sent me this recipe. I love sweet potato fries. Agnes & Muriel's in Atlanta really knows how to make them the way I like them.
Robin's recipe is from a cooking class that a nutritionist gave at her church. It's so simple. Just 4 ingredients and 5 steps. And baking the fries makes them healthier than deep-frying them while not compromising too much on the taste.
ROBIN'S BAKED SWEET POTATO FRIES
4 sweet potatoes
1/4 cup olive oil
nonstick cooking spray
salt to taste
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Cut the sweet potatoes lengthwise into 1/2 inch thick strips. Toss with the olive oil.
3) Coat a large cookie sheet with the nonstick cooking spray. Arrange potatoes in a single layer.
4) Bake the potatoes for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom.
5) Sprinkle with salt and serve.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.